Thursday, April 23, 2015

Bunches of love

Hi all!  Here's a card I made using some of the flower elements from the TAWS Say It Don't Spray It set along with a sentiment from Awesome Blossom.  I used the selective inking technique in order to stamp the sentiment in a line then heat embossed it with white EP.  This follows the SSSC265 sketch and the CQ288 color challenges.

Thanks for stopping by and {as always} hop on over to the TAWS blog for more inspiration!!!

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

YNS Feature Day - Make a wish!

Hi all!  It's Feature Day over on the YNS blog and this month the challenge was to make anything BUT a standard A2 sized card.  So, round it is!  I had to use the Waddles - Happy Brrr-thday set again because, well, look at this guy!  The whole set is just too stinkin' cute!  I used the matching dies to cut him out after coloring him with Copics. To make the round card base, I took a standard A2 top-folding base and placed my circle die so that just enough of it was hanging over the folded edge so that it wouldn't cut it.  Clear as mud?  ;)  The sentiment is stamped on the larger of the 3D banner dies.  A few pink lemonade gumdrops add a extra sparkle.

Thanks for stopping by!  Go check out the YNS Blog for more inspiration and a chance to WIN!

Watercolored thanks

Hi all!  Here's a card I made using two older TAWS sets (aka - my Flashback card!) - Line Upon Line and Jibber Jabber.  First off, I totally love the Line Upon Line background image!  I inked it up with distress markers and stamped it onto watercolor paper.  Then I spritzed it with water, then let it dry.  Then I took my aqua painter and lightly brushed over the lines to blur them a bit more, spritzed a little more water, then blasted it with my heat gun.  That's it.  Done!  So easy!  I added a tiny strip of glittered paper, then embossed the sentiment with white EP onto black card stock.  One weird thing is the pearls that look black in the pic are actually silver, but what are ya gonna do?!  ;)

Thanks for stopping by!  Check out the TAWS Blog for more inspiration!

Sunday, April 19, 2015

MFTWSC224- You Rock!

Hi all!  Here's a card I made just for fun using the MFTWSC224 sketch.  I finally inked up the Keep on Rockin' set.  I just hate when I have sets sitting there begging to be used!  I inked up the equalizer image with distress markers then cut it at an angle.  I stamped the sentiment onto Blu Raspberry card stock in black licorice and colored in the star with a yellow Copic.  I added the music notes with grout gray ink.  Both panels were cut out using the stitched rounded rectangle STAX.  I was so excited when I came up with the album idea for the circle elements on the bottom of the sketch!  I used different Circle STAX then punched holes with my good ol' Crop-o-dile.

Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, April 17, 2015

YNS DT Dare - Tweet! Tweet!

Hi all!  It's DT Dare time on the YNS Blog and this month the dare was to create something with a Feminine theme.  I used the Word Critters Collection - Spring Birds stamp set.  These are just THE cutest little birds!  I fussy cut them along with two branches and layered them over scalloped square from the peek a boo doors die set.  And I couldn't resist using the stitched rectangles dies again ;)

Comment on the YNS Blog for a chance to win a set of YOUR choice!  AND you still have a couple more days to use coupon code YNSApril20 to get 20% off your entire order!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, April 16, 2015

YNS Fun Friday - Have a cool birthday!

Hi all!  It's been one of those week's that make me truly say TGIF!!!!  We have a new sketch and color challenge for you over on the YNS Blog, so let's get to it!  I went with the color challenge for my card and used the newly release Waddles - Happy Brrr-thday set and matching dies!  I also used the stitched loop border die as 'party streamers'.  I colored this sweet little penguin with Copics.  So, Amy Rohl posted a card and linked the background technique she used HERE.  I've watched Laura Bassen's videos before and love her - if you haven't watched one yet, I suggest that you do, she's pretty entertaining.  :)  After watching her video, I decided to give her technique a try and this is the result!  Seriously, first try and I'm hooked!  It's SO easy, no way to make a mistake!  I used colors of distress markers to match the ice cream so that it looks like the ice cream dripped.  The watercolor paper was cut out using the newly release stitched rectangles dies.  I will point out that I used watercolor paper that I got from Hobby Lobby.   A few holly berry red gumdrops add a little extra fun to the card (and they go along with the color challenge!).

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Check out the YNS Blog for more inspiration and play along for your chance to WIN!

Sparkle and Shine

Hi all!  Here's a card I made using the TAWS sets Feeling Groovy and Say It Don't Spray It.  I love how versatile the Feeling Groovy set is - those 'starbursts' or whatever they're called, really make a cool looking background!  A few gold sequins add some sparkle.  :)  The white card stock is MFT's primitive white.  I like it because of the flecks that are in the paper, just adds a little something to it.  The sketch is the FMS182 and the color combo is from the CTD338.  The sentiment was cut out with the newly release YNS stitched rectangles dies.

Thanks for stopping by!  Check out the TAWS Blog for more inspiration.