Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Opulent color challenge



Here's a bright color challenge that will make you ready for spring! The colors for today's CC over at Splitcoast are orchid opulence, pumpkin and celery. This set, Time Well Spent, just begs to be used with bold colors, so who am I to argue? I colored in the flowers with my SU markers. The scalloped edge and larger circle were dotted with a black marker. The center of the sentiment is on a build a brad ~ you MUST try those if you haven't yet! Because orchid is such a vibrant color, I decided to soften it some by adding the swirls on the card base stamped in white craft ink. And I like how the black gingham ribbon adds some extra pop.

I'm having a good day today. My mom will be receiving my brothers' things tomorrow, so I'll be praying for her. Sometimes she says it hasn't hit her. Other times, well, aren't very good. I feel the same way sometimes, never know what will set me off crying my eyes out. I miss my little brother. Please, do me a favor and call your family and tell them that you love them. That's something you will never regret doing.

Thanks for stopping by!

card info: stamps ~ time well spent, circle of friendship, priceless. paper ~ orchid, celery, ww. ink ~ black, white craft. access. ~ markers, punches, piercer, ribbon, build a brad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very spingy and cute. I love all the piercing! Stac

Tara said...

wow...great job with the color challenge...I haven't been able to do it yet...cuz I just can't wrap my mind around it!! your card is great!

Debi said...

Angel you did a fabulous job on this card. It was such a difficult color combination. You and your mom are in my prayers, you know my husband lost his brother this summer so I have a good idea of what you are going through. Take care.

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS