Monday, August 4, 2008

DRS Designs first blog challenge!!




Our first challenge over on the DRS Designs blog is inchies!!! How fun!! If you don't know what an *inchie* is, I'm sure you can take a guess by looking at my card. Yes, it's a 1 x 1 square inch of art that is the focal point of your card. Now, you can use more than one inchie on a card, as you'll see by the other fab DRS designers! I just *love* this flower stamp! I decided to focus on one of the flowers, which I colored w/ SU markers. The flower is cut out and popped up a little for extra dimension. I also used one of our easy background stamps around the card base. I also love the font of the sentiment, clean and casual. I almost didn't add the piercing, but couldn't help myself! Almost forgot to tell you, this is a 4x4 square card ~ such a cute, fun size to work with!
Ok, sorry for the quick post, but I must get to the store for water and canned goods ~ Tropical Storm Edouard is headed our way tomorrow ~ yikes!!! Doesn't he know I have stamping to do?!! {praying for safety!}
card info: stamps ~ DRS Designs. paper ~ celery, black, ww. ink ~ black, celery. access. ~ ribbon, piercer.



2 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Angel! I love the inchy image and wonderful color choices!

Jennifer E. said...

Angel, Nice job on this challenge card! I love the focal image and how the black square in the center creates a larger focal point!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS