Tuesday, September 23, 2008

One in a million and a little blog-test




First things first, my dear friend, Carolyn (Cammie), has designed a wonderful stamp set (available from Gina K.) of which she's sending all proceeds to the Alzheimer's Association. She's now giving out some MAJOR blog candy and all you have to do is make and send a card to the caretaker of a person affected with Alzheimer's (there are a few other rules which she lists on her blog). Read all about it on her blog here. This is the card I will be mailing out to the address she provided on her blog.
Now about the card, all stamps used are by DRS Designs. I colored with reinkers (the few that I have), ink from ink pads and markers. I added crystal effects to the apples and pumpkins, so it looks really cool IRL (don't it always!). The pumpkin layer was stamped with the leaf in chocolate after stamping off once. There's also faux stitching around the border of the ruby red card base. Now my little blog-test (instead of CONtest, get it?? hehe!) for you is can you tell what TWO things I recently purchased that I used on this card?? The first person to correctly name these TWO things (and you might have to look closely) will get a little surprise from me! I won't list everything in my "card info", just the main schtuff I used. I will have the contest open until Sunday, 28 Sep and will post the winner Monday morning. Good luck!!!

card info: stamps ~ drs designs. paper ~ ruby, pumpkin, chocolate, ww. ink ~ chocolate, black, artichoke, pumpkin, saffron. access. ~ ?, ?, markers, piercer, brads, crystal effects.






7 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Wonderful card, great coloring. Okay the two new things are....

Necessabilities (since you have the cuttlebug now) and the stamp set is new. :0)

Dawn said...

I love this card! how beautiful the coloring is!

Jennifer E. said...

Hi Angel, What a great card! I'm guessing Nesties and Copics are your new items. Looking forward to see if I'm right!

Shelly said...

Beautiful card Angel, love your coloring!

Judy Rozema said...

Stacy is so funny! Necessabilities!!
That actually is a great name for them, because I think they are necessary!

COPICS - they look awesome!! I did the close-up and I love your coloring!

NESTIES!! LOVE mine!

I tagged you today on my blog! And I waved as I sat in the Houston airport yesterday for what seemed like FOREVER. Wish I could have seen you!

Etha said...

this is so pretty! love how you did the background.

Anonymous said...

Such a gorgeous card!! :) Love the name for the "nesties"!!!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS