Thursday, August 11, 2011

Boyish birthday tag



Hi! Gee, can you tell I have "birthday" on the brain?!! My BABY will be 8 on Saturday (he's the cutie wearing the birthday boy pin that I made a few posts below)!!! ACK! Makes me sad, but he is thrilled to be turning a year older. *sigh*
Anyway, he's a tag I made for Verve's Get Your Diva On challenge, which was, duh, to use tags. It felt SO good to use up one of the SU chipboard tags I've had, honestly, for years! I covered the tag with some dp, then sanded and sponged the edges in
brown. That sweet sentiment is from their Birthday Bash set, as are the two balloons which I paper pieced and popped up on dimensionals. I cut out the sentiment using Verve's Charming Oval dies and layered it over two different nesties. The corrugated border strip is an MFT border die. I added the button, which may look like it's actually attached to the twine from the balloons, but it's not! hehe! Some green metal bling finishes it up - I thought as long as the "bling" is a boy color and metal, it'd be ok to add to this grungy-boyish tag! Whatcha think? Here's a pic highlighting more of the texture:


As always, thanks for stopping by! I truly appreciate your comments!

Hugs,


3 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

What a great tag, Angel!! LOVE the fun colors and all of the great details!! Thanks for playing in my challenge!!

Stacy Morgan said...

It is totally FUN! I love all the twine and buttons you used. Fabulous girl. I am thrilled to see you back stampin so much again! that is awesome! Say Big happy Birthday from me over here! :0)

Shannan Teubner said...

This is AMAZING!! I love it!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS