Friday, May 25, 2012

Washi tape dp tutorial

Hi all!  Remember when I mentioned I'd be posting a tutorial on how I made the striped dp on my Gus Mantastic card that you can see HERE?  Well, here ya go!  This was SO EASY that I hesitate to call it a tutorial!  I bought this paper tape, aka washi tape, at Target in the office supply section.  They come in a pack of 4 rolls (different designs but same color scheme) for $4.  I hadn't used it before but was curious because it's become so popular.  All I did was take a piece of plain white cardstock and started lining up the tape.  Now because it's PAPER tape, you can reposition it and it won't tear the paper!  It took me minutes to line up the lines {my sporadic OCD kicked in!}.  Here's how it looked when I started...


And here's how it looked when I was done covering the paper.  You can either cut off the excess but I chose to just wrap around the other side of the cardstock.


And here's another pic of the finished card.  Yes, I used a corner rounder on my "washi dp" and it worked just fine!  


I hope I've inspired you to try paper tape!  Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

Stacy Morgan said...

Now that is what I am talking about. Cheap dp if I say so. Great tutorial Angel.

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS