Friday, August 31, 2012

18 years

Hi all!  I wanted to share this card I made for my hubby.  Our 18th anniversary is on Sunday!  To think of all that we've been through ~ 5 moves, 3 kids, the oldest diagnosed with Leukemia (and gratefully being cured!), hubby working wherever the Air Force sent him, etc... ~ I'm so proud to be where we are today!!!  The sentiment is from MFT's Clearly Sentimental about Anniversaries which I cut out using my Fishtail Flags Stax (I just flipped the Stax to get that fishtail edge on both sides).  The numbers are from the Vanity License Plate set.  I cut them out by hand.  The layer behind my sentiment was cut out using my Circle Stax 1.  The banner was made using my Fishtail Banner die-namics.  I love that little scalloped edge on the larger layer!  Lots of mini brads and some black jute string from Ribbon Carousel finish it off.  The sketch is Karen Giron's SSSC166.


A peek at the inside...  Another sentiment from the same set.  I used the pinking edge die-namics on the yellow dp for extra interest.


Here's a detail shot...  See what I mean about the little scalloped edge on the banner die-namics?  LOVE.


I hope everyone has a great three day weekend!!!  Thanks for stopping by!






6 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

Happy Happy Anniversary, Angel!! LOVE your card!

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Congrats on your 18th Anniversary. and what a fabulous card - love all the elements you have included. TFS

busylizzy said...

Congratulations to you and your husband. Love the card!

Stacy Morgan said...

Happy Anniversary Angel. 18 years is awesome, enjoy a nice dinner when he gets home, let SIL watch the kids. hee hee Hugs...

Lisa H. said...

soooo pretty. love your layers and that fun banner!

Jody Morrow said...

Very cute. :)

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS