Saturday, March 8, 2014

MIX58 - Just Be Happy

Hi all!  I saw this challenge for the new Mix-Ability challenge on SCS and decided it would be fun to try it out!  So, as per the challenge, the background for my sentiment was done using lemon drop, orange fizz and razzle berry inks because I wanted to make a bright and happy card to go with my sentiment.  ;) I inked up one of my acrylic blocks, used my aquapainter to get my watercolor paper damp, and then swiped on the inks one at a time until I got a look that I was happy with.  I cut out my finished piece with my pierced circle stax and stamped my sentiment from the Chalkboard Greetings set in black licorice.  I pierced the larger layer and did some faux stitching with my black SU marker.  A large leaf-filled flourish die-namic helps break up the brightness of the lemon drop card stock and also grounds the sentiment layer.  The sketch is based off the SSSC209 from Karen G.


Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome!! :)

Deborah Anton said...

This came out awesome! Something I may need to try... Mix media scares me a bit! lol!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS