Thursday, March 13, 2014

Wishing you the happiest of birthdays!

Hi all!  Here's my card for the latest MFT sketch, MFTWSC167, and for today's Ways to use it challenge on SCS.  When I saw the challenge on SCS, I almost immediately knew what I wanted to create and am so happy with how this turned out!  First off, I used the MFT Polka Dot Cover-Up die-namics to cut out the smooth white card stock, along with grape jelly, nightshift blue, gumdrop green, lemon drop, orange fizz and electric red card stocks.  Once I cut it out, I adhered the smooth white layer to a thin piece of copy paper so that I had a background to adhere all the other colors to - after that it was just a matter of adding the colors how I wanted!  SO fun!  The entire polka dot layer is up on foam dimensionals.  The sentiments are from their Celebrate Big stamp set.  "Celebrate" was stamped in grout gray and the other one was stamped in Steel Grey.  I cut it out using my Fishtail Flag STAX (no surprise there!) and ran it through twice to get that cool fishtail edge on both side.  I adhered it with foam dimensionals on either end leaving the middle free so it looks like a waving banner.  Because all the colors make this card so fun and bright, I only added a few mini brads as extra embellishments in purple, yellow and orange.




Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Tara Godfrey said...

This is AWESOME, Angel! I LOVE the polka dots filled in like that!
Hugs,t

Anonymous said...

This is wicked GF, love the rainbow look!

Lisa H. said...

looooove, LOVE this. those rainbow polka dots just make me happy. love how you layered those sentiments, too. great card!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS