Saturday, October 4, 2014

Merry Christmas

Hi all!  Happy World Card Making Day!  Yes, it's a REAL thing!  :D   Lots of companies are hosting challenges and having sales to celebrate this FUN day!  


I made this card which features the Christmas tree from the YNS Christmas tree and Wreath die set.  I cut the tree out of sweet tooth card stock then embossed the star with gold EP and colored in the pot with Copics.  To create the red layer I used Razzle Berry and Electric Red inks.  I stamped them directly onto my craft mat, misted with water then smushed watercolor paper directly onto the ink.  I love how the simple white Christmas tree POPS against that red!  Perfect for the Catered Crop Red challenge.  The card base is grout gray.  The sentiment is from Cheerful Christmas Greetings and is stamped in steel blue ink.



Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you find some time to get crafty today ;)

2 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

Such a lovely CAS holiday card - love it! Happy WCMD!

Linda McClain said...

Oh . . . I'm so glad you joined us again! A storm hit my internet to the curb this week but I'm finally getting our Recipe Swap Quickfire up. It's such an honor to have you with us. I always like hanging out with you! I love your Christmas card - sweet!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS