Thursday, July 9, 2015

Miss U

Hi all!  So, may I say, I kinda love this card.  I made this using the newly released TAWS set called Express Yourself.  It's a mini alphabet set that has 5, yes 5, different fonts and includes other mini images and numbers, too.  Adorable!  So I picked a font and lined them up on my block individually - I found it rather therapeutic and yes, they are lined up perfectly imperfect, lol.  ;)  I then embossed it with white EP on watercolor paper.  Next, I picked 3 distress markers I wanted to use and swiped them on an acrylic block.  I then wet the paper only around the letters, then used a paintbrush to pick up the ink off the block and placed it where I wanted it (again, within the areas that were already wet).  I then dried it with my heat gun, then repeated because the colors weren't rich enough for me yet, dried it again, then sprinkled some water on top and dabbed it with a paper towel to get more of that spotty look.  I then picked out the letters to spell 'miss u' (because the 'u' is missing, in case you didn't notice!) and embossed it on black card stock.   I added the arrow die to help draw your eye to the fact that the u is missing.  And, well, I miss U.  :D



Thanks for stopping by!  Swing by the TAWS blog for more inspiration!

No comments:

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS